Wednesday 29 July 2009

Back from Italy. Time for some Character development.

Now that I am back from Italy it's time to continue my work.

Here are some sketches I've been working on since I've got back.


This is my first imagination of my character for upcoming project.
I decided to use the image of Raiden from the Metal Gear Solid franchise as my source of reference and inspiration to model my character from.


In this picture of Raiden you can tell he's been through quite a lot, I want to achieve something similar with my character. I want to show his physical and mental deterioration throughout his story.


In this picture I decided to draw my vision of what the character may look like when he's younger, or at the beginning of the narrative. As you can see he looks a lot more reserved and stress-free. However, the image is too cartoony/manga-like for my liking so I changed it a bit.


This design of the character still looks young but more mature than the last and seems to be more focused.

Here is a final sketch of what I think is the best portrayal of my character at the early stages of the story. You can see he doesn't look as young as the previous sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment